"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What defines our Baby

What defines our baby is nothing else that anyone else has. It is the same thing that defines me or Heather or any one of us. What defines each one of us is what we believe in, how we act, what we say; all of which comes from the inside. Just because our baby may look different for a little while does not mean that is what we need to look at. By letting people in our family know about our baby's cleft does not mean we are looking for sympathy or anything of that sort. We are going to love our baby no matter what, and we just ask that anyone else does the same. Why us humans like to dwell on the negatives, no one knows, but for our baby we ask that you look at what really defines him/her; the inside. We don't mind talking about the bad, but I do like talking about the good.
Maybe my first two blogs were kind of dark, and so was the beginning of this one. But, from here on out, the focus will be upon the greatest little thing that ever happened to me. Of course I will not leave out anything and some blogs you will probably realize that I needed to vent, but it will still be a good road map of Our Little One.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new baby is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations and we cant wait to meet the little one.

P.S. Heather I now know what being a parent is all about and let me tell you Madison is growing up way to fast.

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather, Peter, Colton and baby Jenson.
How deeply you touched us with your beautiful letter about "what defines our baby. More people need to realize that is the core of all human beings and not just the physical. Thanks for providing such thoughtful and heart warming words to encourage us each and every day. Love, Grandpa and Grandma

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker