"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Last Post Before Surgery!

At this time in our lives we are getting the true meaning of bitter sweet. I don't even think bitter sweet does justice as to how we feel. We are excited, but scared. We are ready, but nervous. We can't wait, but we don't want to go. Our little Abigail is the sweetest thing ever. I can not find words to describe the emotions that are running through our bodies right now. I know God created Abigail to be tough and to be able to handle everything she has to go through, so we are doing our best to trust Him and allow Him to guide us through this. We are so blesses and honored to have such an amazing God who gave us such an amazing daughter. We really want to thank our families for their continued prayers, support and help. We haven't even needed to ask for help this next week because everyone has just offered it up. Beyond our greatest blood related family we have our family of friends that we could not say enough about. We thank you also for all your prayers and support. And I could never leave out our online cleft buddies who has helped guide us up to this point. We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. Although this is not the end of our journey, it is the next step of it. Thanks to everyone.
"I wonder what is over the front of my boat?"

The cutest smile ever

BUSTED! Abby's favorite place is on the shelf of our coffee table.

"I would rather eat my bib than that bland cereal."

Mom and Abigail's version of tug-of-war.

"Thanks for my cute hat Mima!"

Abby trying to scare the pumpkin

Colton feeding birds at the zoo and Abigail wondering, "what the heck is that?"

Colton feeding giraffes at the zoo and Abby wondering again, "What the heck is that?"

I couldn't resist but show this. She could have just told us she was tired.
I believe our hospital room will have internet so I will be posting pictures as soon as I can on Tuesday. If there is not a post on Tuesday that means they don't have internet. Thanks again to everyone and Abigail sends out her love to all of you.

6 comments:

Joy Howse said...

Your little one is in my prayers that things will go smoothly and that the recovery will be as painless as possible. Remember to take care of yourself during this time so you can be 100% for little one.

Krissy said...

Love all of the pictures -- she is such a doll! My thoughts and prayers will be with all of you. It will be tough, but I know you'll all do great :)

amanda said...

Abigail is so sweet. I love her expressions. Feeding a giraffe sounds fun...lucky Colton! We'll be thinking of you all tomorrow and anxiously awaiting updates.

Anonymous said...

"Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is we thee, blessed is thou and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for our sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen." For you all!
Love each Other!
Florida Nana
XO

Allison said...

Thinking of you and your sweet little Abby today. Prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery, and for your peace of mind during this transition. She will do great! Can't wait to see her new smile!

Janice said...

You don't know me--but I also have a cleft baby. He's now 2yrs old and BOY do I relate to this post. I will never forget the lip/nose repair surgery as one of the most difficult days in my life. Bitter Sweet--yeah don't I know it! Hugs to your family for a quick recovery and adjusting to a new little face...though precious its still an adjustment :)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker