"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

May 19th

So we are now on the schedule for May 19th. Our doctor has told us that they give her cold a full 4 weeks to clear up. They do not want anything extra to deal with when doing this surgery. Abigail has also been put on the cancellation list, which means, anytime after April 28th, she can fill in a spot where someone else has had to cancel. We are little concerned that her speech will be more affected now that her surgery is after she turns one, so if there are any words of experience from other cleft families that would be great. It is only 10 days after her first birthday, but still, who doesn't want to hit that optimum time for their kids? We can only do our best to lean on God and know that He has Abigail in His hands. We don't know why things happen when and how they do, but we have faith that this is all in His plan. Maybe May 19th is the optimal day for Abigail's surgery. Thank You to everyone for your prayers and thoughts. We have such a great support group and would not know what do with out any of you. Thank you so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it will affect her speech at all. It's not enough time for any bad habits to develop. I honestly did not notice any major changes after the palate surgery.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker