"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139:13-16

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We're Home!!!

Abigail is truly AMAZING! Everyone's prayers worked and God made His presence known. Abigail woke up this morning not even thinking she had surgery yesterday. She is completely back to herself and you would not even know her mouth is lined with stitches. Abigail is doing great and she thanks everyone for their prayers and every single thought you had about her.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but we had her surgeon pierce her ears while she was under. The pictures below is of her already playing with her car and of her on our couch at home with her new earings. We again want everyone to know that we appreciate every thought and prayer you sent our way. We have felt the warmth from everyone. We love you and will try our best to keep you up to date on anything that is happening.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy days!!!!Thank you for posting so quickly for all of the friends (angels all) that are praying for you guys, that you don't even realize are out there.
Abby has quite a following and everyone is send positive thoughts, prayers and good wishes. Go Abby! Love the bling!
You guys need a vacation! Love each other and kisses to Colton for being such a good boy!
Florida Nana xoxoxox

Nola said...

So glad that you are home and Abby is doing so well! Love the earrings (what a great idea to have it done while she was asleep)! I'm so sorry for the scare but so glad Abby turned around so quickly. God is good!

Heather said...

Thank goodness you're home! I read the updates and oh my gosh, what a scary time you had at the hospital!!! Thank goodness that's over and now you can enjoy your snoring, ear-pierced, cleft palate no longer baby girl!

Oh, and Happy 1st Birthday Abby!! The party looked like a hit!

Aidan's surgery is scheduled for July... and our surgeon says Aidan will have to wear arm splints (like after the lip repair). Did Abby's doc mention that? I haven't seen a single palate kid with splints on! How is she doing about putting stuff in her mouth?

The Ski's said...

Yippppeeeee for Abby! Glad you are home and doing well. It is amazing how fast kids heal...you are so right! Glad to see little Abby is such a trooper. Now the fun begins...you will start being real creative with your puree's I am sure. By the end of 5-6 weeks of pureeing....we would do it all. Spaghetti....tacos...hey, whatever we had, Reid had...just a bit more liquidy! Good luck with the healing, and thanks for keeping us posted!

Joy Howse said...

Hooray for being home. SOunds like she is doing great. I pray that she continues to heal quickly.

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

sounds like things are going great! Thank goodness for the resilience of childhood. Can you imagine how long an adult would "milk" a similar surgery? Thought to ponder :)

Love the earrings! We debated on asking the surgeon, but figured he would think we were nuts. What a great idea!!!

Jeanne said...

To Heather: Roger had to wear arm splints after his surgery. They were pretty adamant about putting nothing in the mouth.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker